Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weight Loss

So, I really haven't posted about it here, but DH and I started Weight Watchers back in May. He had a check-up that didn't go well - high blood pressure and cholesterol, and I'm significantly overweight, so it kind of gave us the push we needed to get our acts together. We talked about it for years, but just couldn't make anything stick. Now, things are more serious. We have a little girl who we want to be healthy and not learn our over-eating, couch potato habits. It was clear that we needed some kind of program, so we have been doing Weight Watchers online. When my mom found out we were doing it, she joined, too, so we have our own little group to encourage each other.

I've lost 23 pounds so far. I'm proud of that, but I'm also a little frustrated that it puts me just under my pre-pregnancy weight. So, in some ways, it feels like I'm just starting. The good news, is the clothes I was wearing before I got pregnant are now fitting rather loosely. I'm going to wait a little while to buy a few cold weather slacks and such to get me through the season. It's a long road. I probably need to lose about 40-50 more pounds.

The even better news is that DH (who didn't have nearly as much to lose), is almost to his goal weight. He looks great. His cholesterol and blood pressure are back to normal.

My next challenge is trying to figure out exercise. I need to get something going, but figuring out how to do that has been hard. I think I've decided to try taking a class at the YMCA where we are members and taking Sophia to the childcare there, but I haven't gotten brave enough to go yet. I'm a little self conscious about my out-of-shapeness and I'm nervous about leaving Sophia. I know I need to suck it up and get to it. Maybe this will be my week!

2 comments:

Mrslmk28 said...

23 pounds way to go!! As far as exercise goes I have to just go walking and sometimes through in some jogging. I have to have my iPod to get me motivated.

Congrats on the loss!!

Kismet21 said...

that is amazing. Keep it up!