Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Some days are harder than others

I'm not sure why, but yesterday, I really woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm sure that it was partially hormonal, but my crabbiness was worse than usual. I was short with Sophia and everything DH did seemed to annoy. Then, my iPhone fell out of my pocket when I went to the bathroom. Yep, plopped into the toilet. I fished it out only to watch it die. It was sad. I officially can no longer tease DH about the time he dropped the hospital pager into the toilet. At least I don't have to go tell my boss about what happened :)

Then, I was writing in my journal last night and just lost it. I was sobbing like crazy. Just feeling like a failure, like I should be able to do better, do more, be a better mom. I'm not a lot better today, but I am a little better, so I guess I just keep trucking.

I did make it to the YMCA this morning. Sprout had a blast in their childcare, but she also had a little foam heart and a piece of paper towel in her mouth when I picked her up, so I'm not sure how closely they were watching her. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt once, probably, because I could see the horror on their faces when I pulled stuff out of her mouth. It looks like they are used to dealing with older kids. Maybe getting out and getting moving will help my general disposition.

1 comment:

Mrslmk28 said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better today! I sometimes get like that too. Don't be so hard on yourself you are a great mother!!