Friday, August 6, 2010

NYC trip and Things I don't want to forget


So, I'm a day late, but our little Sprout has been a busy gal! DH and I had a fabulous getaway last weekend in NYC. Traveling without a baby and all her gear was so luxurious, that getting there really was half the fun. We played scrabble on the plane ate leisurely meals, wandered carelessly, not worrying about schedules. We slept until 10am on Saturday and stayed out late. We saw Mama Mia! on Broadway and had the best cheesecake I've ever eaten at a little restaurant we just happened into on Friday night. It was wonderful and I highly recommend it. Part of me wishes we'd done it sooner, but I'm not sure I was ready to leave my baby. It was incredibly nice to have some extended time to just be a couple again and do the things we loved doing together.

Pumping was tough. I had a really hard time getting a letdown at all with the pump and I only pumped minimally and got very little milk (which was still really hard to dump, so I made DH do it). But, when I got back, she latched on and nursed without and issue and we've been fine ever since. So, I guess it was enough!

I was planning on saying all that in a separate blog post, but since I'm a lazy bum, it's all rolled into one. So here's what she's been up to:

1. She's a big time crawler now. Full crawl, all the time, everywhere. Mommy is already tired of chasing her and it's just the beginning!

2. She waved bye-bye to daddy leaving for work for the first time this morning.

3. One of her favorite pastimes is pulling books off of shelves.

4. She stayed with grandma the whole weekend and behaved very well!

5. She's doing much better with her naps. We still miss one here and there, but overall, she's been going down better.

6. She still really wants to walk all the time. She likes to trick people into helping her walk by acting really sweet and holding their hands and then suddenly pulling herself up. I think if she knew how to say, "let's go!" she would!

7. Her four top teeth have finally poked through. I can't believe how grown up it makes her look. I'm getting less and less of a baby and more and more of a little girl. It's exciting and sad and wonderful and scary all at the same time.

8. She's eating lots of finger foods. She loves cut up green beans, even though she hated the green bean purees. She just stuffs them in her mouth. She also likes berries and strips of banana and hands full of couscous. She loves feeding herself and we're starting to have a harder time feeding her purees now.

So we've been busy!


1 comment:

Mrslmk28 said...

So glad you had a wonderful time in NYC! I'm very jealous of your getaway!!!!