Friday, August 27, 2010

Visions of a little girl

So, today, as I walked with Sprout around the house in her little pants and long t-shirt, I caught a glimpse of the little girl that she is becoming. I had flashes of her running about the house, running to her daddy when he comes home from work, bringing me a book to read. I thought a lot about having a baby, but I don't know that I've spent a lot of time wondering about having children. It's a whole new world that I'm entering and I'm excited and nervous and wondering if I'm up to the task.

And this morning, DH came home from a long night of overnight call and Sprout looked up from across the room, gave him a huge smile and came barreling over at full crawl-speed. Melts my heart - and I think it put her daddy in a much better mood :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never though of it like that - I too have always thought about having a baby but never thought about having children. Mine is currently going from babyhood to childhood.