Today is 13 days dpo and DH has his SA scheduled, so I decided to take a pregnancy test. I took one on Sunday and it came up negative. So, I peed in the cup and dipped in the First Response test. It was about 5:20 in the morning, which is about 20 minutes before my normal wake up time, but I had to go!
I rubbed my eyes - surely, it can't be! I must just be seeing things! No, that's a line. A real line! Not some half, smudgy, not-sure-if-it's really-a-line line. No question. So, I grab the digital and dunk it in the cup. I never could get a digital to show up positive last time, so I was nervous. Then it popped up, "pregnant." Wohoo! I couldn't believe it.
So, I turned on the light and jumped in the bed to wake up my husband. He rolled over and grunted. Then he said he didn't have to get up. Then, I poked him and said, "LOOK!" He did. He looked again. He said, "Holy &$%@*" It took him a few seconds, but he finally looked at me and smiled big and then gave me a good hug.
We stayed in bed, dumbfounded for awhile taking turns saying "I can't believe it!" Then he asked me if he could cancel his appointment for today. I told him that it was his call. He definitely canceled it! Then we got dressed and came downstairs so that we could look up the due date (October 14) and stare at each other and the pregnancy tests some more. After waiting so long, it is really hard to believe that this is finally happening.
Of course, I'm very nervous and scared. I don't want this one to end like the last one did. It has already started off better, but I'm still worried. We prayed this morning and we'll keep on praying - well, for a very long time. I was in a much better mood at school this morning, even though I still don't feel well!
9 comments:
Yay! I'm so happy for you :) I'll be praying that this is your sticky baby!
OMG! Congrats! I am so excited for you, this baby is going to stick I just know it!
Wow!! Congrats! I am so happy for you!::sprinkles super sticky dust::
YAY!!! Congrats!
Yay! Congrats! You are due on my Bday!:)
AHHHH, that such exciting news. I am so very happy for you, congrats!
I'm soooooo happy for you!!! I am sending you all kinds of sticky baby dust! Congratulations, mama!!
OMG!!!!! Mtendere! I am so happy for you. Congrats :)
Great news! Congrats!
-CLML
Post a Comment