Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma!

So far so good. I'm much less nervous these days. I've definitely been hit with a few waves of nausea. Wednesday, I took out meat to thaw for dinner, but by the time my husband got home, I was curled up on the couch, trying not to throw up. He was very sweet and made dinner. After I ate, I felt better. Since then, I've been trying to eat something when I get home from school, and it hasn't gotten that bad again. We'll see what happens this week!

Lots of crazy stuff happening at school. A student who was expelled, may come back and be placed in my class. Apparently, the parents are threatening legal action. Who cares about the parents that this kid has and will hurt? It's a bad situation and it may cause me to leave my job. We'll see how it plays out in the next couple of weeks.

I'm heading up to my mom's house this afternoon to celebrate my grandmother's 89th birthday. We're going to tell her about the bean sprout. She's living with my mom for a couple of months and we decided that it wasn't fair to make her keep such a secret when she's bubbling over with excitement. I adore my grandmother, but she love to talk, so she may spill the news to my aunts, but we'll just have to risk it. We're going to ask her what she'd like her first great-grandchild to call her. I'm not sure how she'll react, but it will be fun!

2 comments:

Mrs.Pink said...

Ahh, I hope that kid doesn't get placed in your class. Have you told your principal you are PG? That alone might make them think twice on placing a student who gets physical in your room.
Aww good luck telling Grandma! Hope it goes well!

Shannon said...

Im glad you're feeling pretty good, thats great news!

And have fun telling Grandma, what a nice thing to be able to do!