Yesterday, Flash, our mischievous Basset Hound decided to get into his latched food bin with his medication in it. The food bin was almost empty, but not his prescription bottle. Why don't they put those in childproof containers like people prescriptions? They're just as dangerous! Anyway, my mom was coming over to do laundry (she doesn't yet have a washer and dryer in her new place) and found the mess. I had to rush home from school and induce vomiting at my vet's directions. It was scary stuff. He was definitely a little "off" for most of the day, but the vet says that he's out of danger now. Perhaps he's trying to show us which parts of our house need child proofing...
Otherwise, it's been a good week and there's not much new to report. I'm definitely really tired all the time and have felt pretty yucky in the evenings. I imagine it will only get worse, but every new symptom actually encourages me. It's good to have something tangible to let me know I'm pregnant. (Remind me I said that in a few weeks, okay?)
We told both of our mothers that I'm pregnant and they are over-the-moon excited. It will be my mom's first grandchild, and I think she's already trying to figure out which sewing project to start first. This will be my mother-in-law's 7th grandchild, but she isn't nearly as close (geographically or relationally) with her others, so she's very excited, too.
I'm still really nervous, but finding myself planning more and more and assuming that things will work out. Hang in there, bean sprout!
1 comment:
I am just now feeling like I am getting some energy back! So I know what you mean when you say you are tired! Yay for telling the moms!! :)
Post a Comment