Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope

I guess it's that kind of day. The inauguration was so inspiring. It is encouraging to see so many people taking an interest in the political process and getting involved in new ways. I hope that the enthusiasm can continue.

I had a long weekend and a short workday due to snow and a positive OPK, so it's time to work on the baby-making project again. DH is going for his SA in 2 weeks and I'm really nervous. We've been on a sex fast until the a positive OPK, so I was really happy to see the smiley face!

I just reconnected with a high school friend on Facebook. We chatted for awhile and he revealed (without prompting or questioning from me) that they had fertility problems, but now have 6 year old triplets! Wow! Triplets would be some kind of challenge!

I pray that I can remain hopeful and positive, no matter what happens with this cycle, or with DH's SA or with whatever comes our way in the coming months. We're starting to have tough conversations about what we'll do next if we don't conceive and trying to wrap our brains around all kinds of possibilities. We are so fortunate to live in a country where we have so many options (but I still really hope I don't need any of them!).

No comments: