Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I've been tagged...

Thank you Mrs. Pink! Here are my random facts...

1.) I have collected zebras since I was 4 years old. It was my favorite animal and it stuck. I still get zebra themed presents from many relatives. It annoyed me for awhile when I was a teenager, but now I remember that every time I receive a zebra, the person actually thought of me when buying the gift. It makes me happy.

2.) I speak Chichewa to my cat. I want to keep up the language skills I learned during my time in Africa, but there aren't too many people around that speak Chichewa, so I don't have much opportunity to practice. I'm sad to say that I've lost a lot of vocabulary. I will have to plan another trip back there again soon!

3.) My mother taught me from a very young age that books were very valuable and were never a waste of money. After moving around the country (and world), I can say that I have taken this lesson to heart. I love my books, but I sure hate moving them!

4.) I really hate that we're getting close to the 1 year mark TTC, but I hate it even more for my husband. He comes from a large family. He's the oldest and the only one without children. We have 4 nieces and 1 nephew and only 1 of them was planned. It's hard for him to see all of that.

5.) I have one brother. He has some developmental disabilities and some issues with mental illness. He stays with my father and will likely never get married or have children. My mom is dying for a grandchild and though she would never pressure me, I still feel pressured. Does that make any sense? Now that she has moved closer to me, I feel it even more. I know that in the back of her mind, she was moving closer to her future grandchildren.

6.) My husband and I joined a community concert band this fall and love it. We met at a summer band program and it only seemed appropriate that we dust of our instruments and remember how much we enjoy making music together. It has been such fun!

7.) I'm very proud of the Vanderbilt Commodores for going to their first bowl game in 26 years. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to go. I've suffered through many bad seasons. I really hope that there is another opportunity sooner than 26 years from now! Go Dores!

So there you have it...Happy Holidays to all. May you have a New Year full of peace and joy.

1 comment:

Melaina25 said...

I have a good friend who is working at an orphange in Malawi. Scotland and Malawi have close links so I've actually met a lot of people from there!