Today is my first official day of winter break and I feel so relieved. It's 9:00 and I just managed to get dressed. I have so much that I need to get done today, but I think I deserve to relax a little, too.
I finished Christmas cards yesterday. I know that some people won't get them until after Christmas, but I can't ever seem to get it done until school is out. I know they'll understand. Besides, I'm a true believer in the twelve days of Christmas. As long as they arrive by Epiphany, they are on time!
I'm attempting to be more rational about TTC this cycle. The distraction of the holidays is helping. I can't wait for our trip to San Diego. We leave on Christmas day. We both need the getaway so much. It's been a tough few months.
We talked yesterday about having his family come again over the summer. I had hoped that we would have a little one by then when we discussed it last year, but since that won't happen, we'll invite them back again. It was pretty crazy with three kids here. If his other sisters come with their kids, it will be a zoo, but fun nonetheless. We enjoy being the cool aunt and uncle. His family has difficulty in planning ahead, though, so who knows what will actually happen?
No word from the university yet. I'm not surprised. I didn't expect to hear from them until the new year, but was hoping. I hope they at least call for an interview.
So, I'm still trying to focus on the big picture. For me, I think I'm doing well. We discussed how badly we need to get healthier in the new year. I hope that this time we can make it stick. I want to be able to set good examples and instill good habits in our future children. If we decide to do it together, I know we'll be fine. Over the next couple of weeks, though, we need to get more specific and set some rules for ourselves.
TTC is still a big part of our lives, but we can't make it our primary focus anymore. It's too emotionally taxing and not healthy. It has prompted us to be more regular in our church attendance and more involved in our community, though. It's a frustrating situation, but God uses all things, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment