It's been a good year. Almost exactly a year ago, we closed on our new house and began quite the renovation project. We love our new home and have enjoyed hosting family and having the space to do more. We took a fantastic trip to Poland. Our first international travel experience together was so much fun. I hope we'll take another trip abroad very soon.
We just returned from a much needed getaway to San Diego. What a wonderful trip. We spent a day at Sea World and another day at the incredible San Diego Zoo. We packed the other days with lots of sights and an NFL game. It was just what we needed - a chance to get away and reconnect to some of the things we love to do together.
I don't know what the next year will bring. I'm worried that it will involve tests and procedures and diagnoses regarding fertility. We have a few more months, though, before thinking about any of that. I got a positive OPK on Christmas day, just before we had to leave for the airport. I didn't take a thermometer with me on the trip, and honestly, I didn't even really think about TTC the whole time. The trip was about us being on vacation from everything, I think. So now, hopefully, we're refreshed and ready to begin a new year together - whatever it may bring (but we really, really, really, really hope and pray it will bring a baby).
No comments:
Post a Comment