Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Looking Up

I'm feeling much better. I'm starting to feel okay about the whole TTC process again. I can't say I'm looking forward to the months ahead, but I know that it's what I have to do if I want to be a mommy. My husband talked to his brother about the events of last week. I'm glad he was able to talk with someone about it. He told me that he was jealous that I had "all of cyberspace" to talk to about it! I'm still bleeding a bit and get twinges here and there, but nothing major. I guess, in a way, it was helpful that there is a process of physical recovery with all of this, too. It's something tangible to remind me that it's not all in my head, that it's okay to feel what I'm feeling, even if I sometimes think that I may be overreacting.

On a different note, four of my students got referred to alternative school today for their severe behavior problems. Even as I type that, it seems extreme. I would have never believed that I would support such a move for so many students, but this class has challenged many of my assumptions. I hope that the placements move quickly and we can have a little peace and a lot of learning in the coming weeks.

No comments: