So, today it was time to get back into the swing of things. It went pretty well. My class is behind schedule now, so we're going to have to work really hard at getting back on pace before Thanksgiving break. If there aren't any other major disruptions, we should make it. They were pretty good today. I've found that my students are usually better behaved after they've had a substitute. Maybe it's getting back into a familiar routine. Of course, it may have had more to do with the fact that several of our biggest problems were suspended. I'll take it either way.
My teammate who just had gastric bypass surgery flat out asked me today if I was pregnant. I knew people were thinking it, since it's kind of an open secret that we're hoping to conceive soon. I told her that I had been pregnant, but wasn't any more. I probably should have lied, but it caught me off guard. I hope everyone at school doesn't know. There is a nasty GI bug going around, so I've been telling people that I caught it.
It was nice for me to go back to work, even though it's been stressful. I needed the distraction and the purpose. I've thought a lot about leaving my job, but I'm worried that, without work, I'd be depressed. My husband is more worried that the stress of school is contributing to my inability to get (and stay) pregnant. I promised him about a month ago that if things didn't get better, I'd resign at the semester. They were getting better, but then the miscarriage happened and I've been a mess. I'm going to work at staying calm no matter what gets thrown my way. If I can't manage, I may have to leave my class. Even though they are a rough group, I'd still be sad and feel bad about leaving them in the middle of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment