
Just because I skipped a week doesn't mean Sprout hasn't been busy. We've both been pretty sick and are finally getting back into the swing of things.
She is still talking like crazy! She adds new words every day. "star," "goose," "toes," and "teeth" are among her most recent additions. Our official refrigerator word count has 36 words on it, but I know we are missing some. Craziness.
Oh, one more word, "uck!" She says it when she has a poopy diaper. I guess I say "yuck" a lot when changing her diaper. So, instead of poo, it's "uck." Love it.
And she has learned "flag" and "frog." The problem is that when she says either they sound a lot like a very different four letter word that begins with "F." We were in church on Sunday and during the processional, DH pointed out the flags. I shot a look at him and we were both worried she was going to show off her new word, but she didn't. She was too mesmerized by all of the other distractions. It would have been a funnier story that way, though.
She started clapping again! She learned how to clap and did it all the time for awhile and then just stopped. I guess she thought she was over it. Now, we sing "When You're Happy and You Know It" and she claps her hands in the appropriate places.
Speaking of music, she is following along a lot of songs these days and doing the hand motions. It is so nice to know that she really has been paying attention all those months of silly singing I've done! "The Wheels on the Bus" is her favorite. She has a board book with the song in it and she brings it to me about 20 times a day to sing/read. Now, sometimes, she reads it to herself and tries to do the hand motions. It's so cute to see her "bumpity-bumping." Her favorite is "shh, shh, shh."
She has finally started giving hugs and kisses, mostly to her daddy since he has been working harder at teaching her.
Our newest project is working on her learning to feed herself with a spoon. It's messy, but she's making progress. We hadn't worked on it at all until last week, but it's time, I suppose.
She has her 15 month check-up today and she's every bit a 15 month old, so we are expecting a lot of screaming. Hopefully, she will behave herself!
No comments:
Post a Comment