Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things I Don't Want to Forget

What does a monkey say? "Ooooo, ah, ah!" Soooo cute!

When you ask her if she's hungry, she says, "food." Except that she draws it out and adds a quiver in her voice so it's more like, "foooooooood" and anyone who saw her performance would think we starved the poor girl.

Speaking of "foooooooood," the girl will eat anything when she's in the right mood. She was picking the raw onions out of her chicken couscous salad last night and eating them. Crazy stuff. And spicy is not problem at all. I always think she will balk, but she sucks it down.

As expected, she screamed through most of her 15 month check up. She weighs in at 32.5 inches long (95th percentile) and 23 pounds (55th percentile). So she's bulking up a bit. She's jumped up quite a bit in the weight category. Like I said, the girl likes to eat! Still long and lean, though.

We had a play date today and both kids wanted to play with a small beach ball. Her friend REALLY wanted it. He would throw it anCheck Spellingd she would go get it. He would promptly scream because she had it. She would smile, run around the couch with it, come back and hand it to him sweetly. It was a cute game, but I think she enjoyed it more than her pal.

And the absolute best thing to happen this week came yesterday. When I put her down in bed for the night and said, "I love you," just like I always do, she said "iiiiiioveu" or something like that. My heart melted. And she's done it a couple of times today, too. So special.

No comments: