1. Sprout stood by herself today! It was only about 5 seconds, but she seemed pretty solid, so I let go and she just stood there. Finally she plopped down on her bottom, but she was definitely standing.
2. We think she is trying to say "dog." It figures that would be her first word. I'm not 100% committed to calling it, but she pretty consistently says "da" and when she sees the dog and gets really excited.
3. She loves The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle. I often choose two books and let her pick the one she wants to read. Today, she started laughing as soon as I started pulling it off the shelf. She loves the silly animal noises, I think.
4. She also loves any book with baby faces or real pictures in it. It is so cute when she turns a page and just laughs at the baby with the basket on his head or in the bathtub.
5. Sprout loves it when daddy carries her on his back in the Ergo carrier. And DH loves the extra attention he gets with her. Baby carriers/baby wearing are definitely not the norm where we live. It's nice for me to be baby free when we're together, too, so it's a win for everyone!
6. Grandma (my mom) made Sprout the most adorable pinafore dress. I didn't get a good picture because it was just a fitting, but it is sooooo cute! We were planning on using it for her birthday, and making themed pinafores out of birthday, Halloween, and thanksgiving fabric. But after seeing her in it with a plain pinafore (dark red tiny checked fabric for the dress and a cream colored pinafore), I think we have a Halloween costume, too! My mom is going to make her a bonnet to go with it. I can't wait to post a picture. Serious cuteness.

No comments:
Post a Comment