Thursday, March 26, 2009

What a day!

The sprout is fine and I've actually been feeling better, except that I seemed to have pulled some kind of muscle in my rump.  It really hurts, especially when I stand up after sitting down.  I'm up and down a lot as a teacher, so it's been interesting.

Speaking of teaching, I had several notes from angry parents about their kids grades today, even though I've informed them multiple times of the problems.  They don't seem to want to do anything until it's the end of the grading period.  Grades are due tomorrow, people!  It's too late! Better luck next nine weeks.  Grrrr...

Oh, and three of the kids we sent to alternative school earlier in the year are coming back on Monday.  My year was horrible at the beginning, but got so much better after these students left.  June definitely got further away.  I will be starting the end-of-year count down early this year, I think.  

So this turned out to be one big vent, I guess.  On a brighter note, word is getting around and it's kind of fun for folks to know what is happening.  I'm not ready for my students to know yet (or ever, maybe), but I know that it is bound to happen eventually.  

No comments: