I've had waves of nausea since about 6 weeks and some days have definitely been worse than others, but today, I actually threw up. I haven't done that since I was in the Peace Corps. It is not fun.
This morning, after I brushed my teeth, I started heaving, but nothing came up. I ate a little cereal and went on to school. By the time I got there, I knew I wouldn't make it through the day, so I went to our bookkeeper, who also finds substitutes for us and asked if he could find someone. I went to my room to get some plans ready. The bell rings for the kids to come in. I immediately got sweaty and knew I'd better get out of there. I ran to the bathroom where the fun began. Luckily they found me a sub quickly and I've been home.
The funny part is that one of my good friends, my teammate for 2 years was in the lounge where I ran. She stopped to check on me and make sure that I had a substitute coming. She then started telling me how sorry she was while I was washing my hands and rinsing my mouth. I told her "don't be sorry." She kept talking. I said, "no, really, don't be sorry," and flashed her a grin. She got it right away, because she knew we'd been trying for awhile. She was so excited and promised to keep the secret, though I think it might not be much of a secret much longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment