So, it's been well over a year since we started trying to conceive our second child. It took us about a year to conceive Sophia, so I really didn't start getting concerned until after the one year mark. But, the time has come to look into what is going on and what we can do about it.
I had some simple blood tests done in the last couple of weeks and DH had an SA - everything was normal, so my OBGYN suggested seeing an RE. He said that if I were younger, he might try a few things locally first, but since I'm no spring chicken, he felt better having us go directly to a specialist. Fun times!
Unfortunately, the closes REs are about an hour away, so this will add complications! Anyway, I met with an RE this week and really liked her. I'll be having an HSG during my next cycle. She didn't expect that to show anything, since I've already had a successful pregnancy, but wanted to make sure. The following cycle, we are probably going to have a medicated, timed intercourse cycle. This means that I will have the same drug protocol as an IUI patient, but we will not do the insemination, we will just be intructed how to carefully time our intercourse.
The good news is that everything will be covered by my insurance (in differing percentages). If we were to go to IUI, nothing would be covered at all and given my history and all of our test results, the RE didn't think IUI would give us much better odds than timed intercourse.
I'm still a little leary of all of this stuff. I am scared of all the drugs and the emotional and physical toll this can all have. I am holding out hope that we will get pregnant on our own in the next couple of cycles so that I can avoid all of it! I'm not even sure I want to do this, but I so want another child. It's not an easy thing for me to think about.
So keep us in your thoughts as we begin our journey into IF and all it entails.
And as a little bonus, here's a silly picture of our little girl. She's gotten so big!

1 comment:
You already know I'm thinking all things positive for you :)
:::hugs:::
Post a Comment