I'm a mess. My desk is overflowing. I can't find things. I need to get organized.
But I'm trying to figure out how to walk the line between actually doing something about it and making myself crazy thinking about how I need to do something about it. I'm never going to have everything neatly arranged, but something has to give because it's stressing me out.
I had this problem when I was teaching and I was, in time, able to figure out systems that really worked for me. People complemented me for having such an organized classroom. Ha! What they didn't know is that I had to get things organized (and have my students take over a lot of responsibility) or I was going to drown.
I'm at that point again, but I haven't figured out how to fix it. And just like my classroom, I don't think any one else's system is going to quite work for me, so I have to find the time to figure it out for myself. I don't think I'll ever be clutter free, but I need to find a place where the clutter and lack of organization doesn't cause me stress. All the changes in my life (motherhood, ministry) mean that what used to work doesn't any more.
So, now what?
No comments:
Post a Comment