Friday, May 13, 2011

Child Care

So, with my new ministry pursuits, we are starting to look into more childcare options. I've been utilizing a "Mom's Morning Out" program at a local church that has been good, but ideally, I'd be able to have a full time day-care one or two days a week. That way, I could focus all my projects outside of home on those days instead of running all around town constantly. But, Mom's Morning Out is convenient and cheap, so that is a consideration. There is also a drop-in childcare center that I've used, but she can only stay there for four hours and I pick her up before nap time. Now that I'm working with schools, I need more freedom during and after school hours. I can work with what I have, but we are checking into some other options in town so that I can at least see what is out there.

I'm a bit torn because I feel like I shouldn't want to send Sprout away. I also know she could get so much out of a structured preschool type program. She's such a little sponge and I know she would love it. Of course, she's way too young for any actual preschool programs, so I feel like actual daycare is the next best thing.

So, we're just exploring right now. We'll see what we find and whether it will work for our family.

No comments: