Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day Weekend

We'd been planning a getaway for awhile. We were supposed to go away for an overnight in January, but then my grandmother got sick, so we just had a few hours to go see a show (which was great, but not the same). My mom came this weekend, though, and DH and I set out for Charleston. We didn't purposely choose the weekend of Valentine's Day. It just happened to be the weekend that DH had Friday off (because he was on-call on Thursday). When we realized that it was Valentine's Day, he decided to really do it up.

We stayed in a swanky hotel where the complementary breakfast was served directly to the room. The service was amazing. We had dinner at two fancy restaurants. We took a private carriage tour. We slept in Saturday and Sunday. We actually talked. To each other. Like those long conversations about nothing and everything. It was wonderful.

Sprout had a blast with her Grandma. I think they were both worn out because she has been napping better ever since! And we both still feel a lot better about life, I think. We needed it as individuals and as a couple.

1 comment:

Lil'Misa said...

Sounds wonderful! I am glad you enjoyed some couple time.