Thursday, December 9, 2010

Things I Don't Want to Forget

When we were putting on her coat, we were trying to explain that we need to put on her coat because it's cold outside. So now, every time she puts on her coat, she says "cooooooold" with the appropriate quiver in her voice. She often adds "brrrrrrrr!" Cutest thing ever and she has cracked up plenty of people in parking lots.

She loves all the trees and lights everywhere we go. Our tree is behind a gate, but she likes to hang out and stare at it. Yesterday, she recognized an ornament the shape of a cat on my mom's tree, and immediately pointed and said "at! at!" She's brilliant, I tell you ;)

I've been pointing to body parts and saying names forever and I'm pretty sure she understands most of them, but has never said the words herself. What's the first one she picks to say? "Eye" And she insists on sticking her finger in her eye and then gets the funniest expression on her face as she is trying to point, but not poke her eye, but she still wants to see. Too funny.

To add to her animal repertoire, when she sees the pig piece in her puzzle, she tries to say "oink, oink!" but really just gets the "K" part with lots of huffing and puffing and bouncing up and down.

After learning "cookie" last week, on Saturday, I was carrying her down the stairs and I said, let's go see daddy!" Her response was, "Da-da, da-da! Coo-kie! Coo-kie!"

This hilarious girl is keeping me on my toes. I'm having so much fun with her!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love how vocal she's getting for you! I have a feeling cookie will be a word that she learns from ME in our house. ;-)

Shannon said...

I love the "oink, oink" sound she makes, how cute!