

Sprout is an amazing little girl and she keeps growing and learning. I really can't believe my eyes sometimes. Do you see that little girl in those pictures heading out to church on Sunday morning? It's hard to believe that's my baby!
She is walking everywhere and gets steadier and more confident every day.
She stood up from sitting for the first time yesterday without pulling up on anything.
She loves leaves. She walked around the yard for the longest time this week just picking them up and stuffing them into one hand and then getting frustrated when there were too many and she couldn't hold any more.
New words: cookie (thank DH for that one), shoe, sock, dad, off. She also answers, "uff uff" when you ask her what a doggy says and she said "oooo, oooo" every time she turned to the owl page in The Very Busy Spider. "ka" is duck and she recognizes them in all sorts of books and pictures. "dul" is candle. She learned that one when we lit the first Advent candle on Sunday.
We went to visit DH's office and there is a giraffe painted on the wall as you enter the building. She got very excited when we went in, ran up to it and yelled, "affe! affe!" She's brilliant, I tell you.
She loves walking around the house carrying the bucket part of her shape sorter. I call her the Easter Sprout because she looks like she's hiding Easter eggs as she scatters the shapes about and then picks them up and puts them back in - along with whatever else strikes her fancy. Yesterday she stole my iPhone. I couldn't find it anywhere until I looked in her basket. Little thief :). She also had a pair of socks in there and a puzzle piece. She also likes taking out the shapes one by one and showing them to me so that I can name them. But she hasn't tried to say any of the names herself yet.
We were in Target and I picked up some Earth's Best graham crackers. I put them in the cart. She turned around and pointed and started saying "cookie." Then she got mad and tried to demand one. Oh boy. We're heading into toddler temper tantrum times! Luckily she was distracted pretty well by a toy.
Speaking of tantrums, we had a similar moment today when I took out sour cream for dinner tonight. It looked too much like yogurt, apparently, because she started pointing and yelling, "gu, gu." And I didn't even know she knew yogurt. Anyway, we ended up having to take our sour cream and put the container away so that she would eat her dinner. I'm not sure what she would have done if I had given her a big spoonful of the stuff. Maybe I should have tried.
She likes to play Hide-and-seek. Well, basically, she walks around the couch or chair and you say, "Where's Sprout?" Then, she reappears and you are sooo surprised and she just cracks up in giggles. It's a very fun game for everyone.
Her hair is getting longer. I try to keep bows in it, but it's tough because she inherited my thin, wispy hair, so they tend to fall out. I hope I can find some to work because otherwise, I'm going to have to cut it to keep it out of her face and I don't really want to do that!
Sprout had a fabulous Thanksgiving and enjoyed seeing her grandparents and showing off her newest skills for everyone. She is a charmer, for sure.
As you can see, it's been a busy week!
1 comment:
Those pictures are to die for! I want to eat her up!
Post a Comment