Thursday, November 11, 2010

Things I Don't Want to Forget


The picture is from the Teddy Bear Picnic that our city held downtown yesterday. It was a lot of fun. We had lunch and listened to stories. Sprout was one of the youngest ones there, but she had fun, especially, "Going on a Bear Hunt."

Sprout is a walker, for sure! In less than a week, she went from a few wobbly steps to toddling across the room. As DH says, we're proud and petrified!

She has mastered the surprised face. She opens her mouth wide and gasps with her eyes wide open. It is so funny. Then, when we start laughing, she cracks up, too.

She has started really imitating sounds now. Before, she just did her own thing, but now, you can change from "mooooo" to "mama" to "aaaaaaah" and she follows right along. And if you do a sounds she doesn't know how to make, she just stares at you like you're from outer space.

She has become such a silly little girl. I never would have expected it, since she was such a serious baby for so long, but she is a real goof these days and it's so much fun. She really keeps us laughing. She makes funny faces and noises and loves to laugh and play games. She brings us such joy!

Yet, she still loves to rock with me when it's time for sleep. We snuggle up and just rock for awhile until she's calm and ready for her nap or bedtime. I can't help but smile and gush when she's just starting to drift off. Such a beautiful moment.

She is starting to figure out the shape sorter. She's a long way from getting the right shapes in the right holes, but she's actually trying to do it, now, which is fun. And she likes to just sit and take the shapes out and put them inside the lid and then put them back in. I'm not sure what she's thinking and trying to figure out, but I sure would like to know what's going on in that brain of hers.

She knows more words than we think. She only really says "buh" (book), "up," and "mama" consistently, but she understands a lot more. Last night I just told her we should dance and she started dancing. I was surprised that she just recognized the word without all the silly things I usually do when I want her to dance with me.

She knows where noses are, but won't point to her own, or let me touch it, either. She'll touch everyone else's, though! She knows where her ears and toes are, too. She used to know where her mouth is, but she seems to have forgotten that one for now. We've been singing a lot of "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." She loves it and tries to follow along as best she can. She's got the "toes" part!

Speaking of toes, when you pull off her socks, she wiggles her toes and smiles like she's seeing her long lost friends. Too cute!




No comments: