Sprout loves pointing now. Sometimes she's actually trying to communicate and sometimes she just likes to point.
She still enjoys feeding everyone she sees imaginary cheerios.
She decided to start waving again. Now, if I can convince her to clap again, I'll be happy. She just decided that it was sooooo 4 months ago!
She reaches out for me and says, "mama." I melt every.single.time. And even when I know I shouldn't pick her up or take her from her daddy, I just can't help it.
She definitely understands more than we think. Today I directed her to find a book. She did and held it up. Then I told her to read it and she sat down and started turning pages. I was in shock. It's just so amazing to see her understand and interact more and more every day.
She is also testing her boundaries. Literally. She knows she isn't supposed to cross the threshold from the living room to the entryway. She sits right on the edge and just puts her hands across. And of course, when I'm not looking, she starts crawling that way. When I call her name, she just stops, sits down, and looks at me all innocently with those big eyes of hers as if to say, "what, mother?" I'm already onto her!
She is on antibiotics now because her congestion from a cold just wasn't getting better. She seems to be on the mend now. Her weight when we took her into the office was 19 pounds, 2 ounces.
We did a photo shoot today for her one year photos. I'll be posting some after she's officially one.
We had two play dates this week, plus a music class and story time at the library. Sprout's social calendar is getting pretty full! She's doing really well interacting with other babies and I'm glad we're doing these things so that she has those opportunities.
She eats like a horse. And people are constantly amazed that she loves vegetables. She chows down on broccoli like I do chocolate. I'm sure this will change at some point and she'll refuse to eat anything that isn't brown, but for now I'm enjoying the comments at restaurants about what a good eater she is.
Birthday preparations are in full swing. A week from today it will be over. Whoa.
Sprout's birthday is on Wednesday. I can't believe it. I really can't. You hear people talk about how quickly it goes by and I do remember those days when it seemed to drag on and I wondered if I'd ever survive. But it's hard to believe that this time last year my husband and I were enjoying our last weekend as just a couple. And now we're parents of a little girl who is about to turn a year old.
1 comment:
I can't believe she is turning one already. WOW!
Post a Comment