Sprout had her 1 year check up and she's doing great. She weighed 20.4 pounds (39th percentile) and was 30.75 inches tall (91st percentile). Still long and lean, but no worries about her weight gain. She was trooper with her shots and charmed everyone, as always. Unfortunately, we think that she picked up a tummy bug at the doctor's office.
We headed out for a fun weekend at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia where Sprout rode her first amusement park ride with her daddy. Pictures to follow soon. In the car on the way up she started vomiting. And had diarrhea. It was ugly. Luckily, by Saturday morning she seemed to be feeling much better. We thought we might have to buy her more clothes since I had only brought three extra outfits! It turned out to be a fun time with perfect weather. Grandma (my mom) came a long so that DH and I could have a date night and go back to the park to enjoy their scary Halloween activities. We were thankful, for sure.
We're down to 1 or 2 nursing sessions a day. I say "1 or 2" because I'm a wimp. I had decided to drop the bedtime feeding, but since Sprout has been a fussy mess the last few days (in addition to her illness, she's got a molar ready to pop through) and she was asking to nurse last night, I just couldn't refuse. So she's had a cup at night once. She's fine and once she's back to herself, it won't be a problem for her, but I'm a little emotional about the end of breastfeeding. I was planning to be weaned by my LasVegas trip in less than 2 weeks, but I'm not sure if it will happen. No big deal if it doesn't, but I'll have to pump, which will kind of stink. I know we're both ready and that she'll be find once she's weaned. It's just that I'm having a hard time letting go. It continues to baffle me how quickly she is growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment