Thursday, October 14, 2010

Things I don't want to forget - Birthday Edition



My baby girl is now a year old. I am still in shock and thinking constantly about how much things have changed in the last year. And remembering how blessed I am to have such a beautiful, amazing little girl.

We started a birthday tradition that DH and I would separately each buy Sprout a book for her birthday and write an inscription in it. We'd like to do this every year. This year, I got her I Love You, Little One by Nancy Tafuri. DH got her Daddy's Girl, by Garrison Keeler. Both are board books that she can enjoy now and that we can keep for her. DH also got her a silver bracelet and had it engraved with a special message.

We went out to an Italian restaurant for dinner and, for the first time, we ordered Sprout her own meal (kid's ravioli). She loved it. We came home and had a cupcake with a candle and sang her "Happy Birthday." We were going to give her another present, but she was just too tired, so we'll save the rest for party day on Saturday.

She's a special little girl and I love seeing her grow and learn every day.

2 comments:

Lil'Misa said...

Sounds wonderful! I love the book idea, I might have to steal that one. =)

Happy Birthday Little Girl.

Mrslmk28 said...

Seriously?! Where did the last year go?

Happy Birthday to your special little girl! Love the picture!

And I might steal the book idea to start on L's 2nd birthday! :)