Thursday, July 15, 2010

Things I don't want to forget


It's been a busy week for our little Sprout. She's been so busy that she's decided to skip her naps. Too much to do! Here are some highlights:

1. She is still kissing and fish facing anyone who will look at her.

2. She has learned how to wave and to clap. When she clapped for the first time, it was the cutest thing ever. She did it and DH and I got all excited and then she looked down at her hands studying them very carefully, like, "whoa! That's how it works! I really did it!" Then the whole scene repeated. She was definitely proud of herself.

3. She's almost figured out how to crawl. She has definitely figured out kind of a half crawl that gets her where she wants to go, though it takes awhile. Nothing is safe any longer. She is fearless and wants to explore everything. It's cute and scary all at the same time.

4. She has pulled herself up a couple of times.

5. We had our first swim lessons and she was a star pupil. She LOVES the water (we like to call it the big bathtub). I think she was a fish in her former life. All the moms of toddlers kept pointing to her and saying things like, "See how the baby is floating? Can you put your head like that?" She loves it and is as cute as can be.

6. She's also still got teeth coming in. 2 have broken through, one is about to and another is on the way. When we get through this, she'll have 2 bottom teeth and 4 on top. I'm ready for it to be over, though.

So, it's been an exciting week here, as you can tell! We have our 9 month check-up on Monday, so we'll see how her weight is checking out. I think she's doing fine, but I think I'll always be nervous about it.


No comments: