Sunday, July 4, 2010

Things I don't want to forget

So it seems to be falling on Sunday, but maybe eventually I'll get back to Thursdays :)

1. Sophia can now get herself into a sitting position pretty well. It's scary. She's also scooting/commando crawling a good bit and I've seen her get up on her knees and elbows a few times. She pulled herself up to standing this morning on DH. I am so not ready for this, but I'm proud of her!

2. Our niece has been visiting us. She's almost 8 and we've had a lot of fun together, but having 2 kids is definitely hard work. As evidence, I lost 4 pounds this week!

3. Sophia was too cute all dolled up for the 4th of July. I'm annoyed that we don't have any good pictures. She got tons of attention and even seemed to enjoy the fireworks. She just stared at them with her big wide eyes. She was a little frightened at the finale, but was otherwise just fascinated.

4. We've been giving her more finger foods and she's handling them well. She's had puffs, chunks of sweet potato, watermelon, and whole wheat couscous. It's so funny to watch her chew her food.

5. She is still working on her top 4 teeth and is very unhappy about the situation.

6. She is also in full out separation anxiety mode. If I'm anywhere around, she MUST HAVE MOMMY. It's about to drive me insane. I'm trying to treasure the moments, but it's pretty hard sometimes. Plus I feel bad for DH. She's fine with him until I walk into the room. Then she just wants me.

That's all for now because I'm in a hurry. I hope everybody is having a safe and special Fourth of July Weekend!

1 comment:

Mrs.Pink said...

4 pounds! Wow... can I have your niece for a few weeks?! lol

Pulling up is just around the corner!! Exciting!