Thursday, July 22, 2010

Things I don't want to Forget and 9 Month Check up

First, Sprout had her 9 month check up, and she's healthy and growing well. 17 pounds, 13 ounces (29th percentile) and 29 inches long (89th percentile). Yay! She's doing everything she should be and her doctor seems thrilled with her progress. I asked him about her eating too many solids and losing interest in nursing. He said that since she's growing well, it's probably just the beginning of self-weaning. So, no worries, just go with it!

So onto the things I don't want to forget:

1. Sprout still loves her swim lessons. We have so much fun in "the big bathtub."

2. She's done a few real crawls and is getting really good at army crawling. No more can we leave her in one place and expect her to be close to the same spot when we return. We really gotta get on the childproofing.

3. She's clapping and waving.

4. She does this thing we like to call the "lizard tongue" where she sticks her tongue out over and over again.

5. She does a funny grunting/heavy breathing thing that cracks us up. She wrinkles up her whole face and usually will happily do it to imitate her daddy.

6. She pulled up for the first time this week.

7. She got to spend a little time with her great-grandma this week who is in town for just a few days. Apparently, she talks about her great-granddaughter all the time. So sweet!

8. She is eating finger foods well - chunks of banana, avocado, watermelon, and whatever else I can think of!

So there's plenty of excitement to go around. And I'm getting pretty nervous about our airplane trip tomorrow with a mobile baby and no DH for back up. Say a little prayer for me!

1 comment:

Hay Hay said...

She'll do great for the trip :)

Have fun!