Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Now that's a good day!

DH was off of work and it was rainy and cold outside, so we stayed together and enjoyed a lovely day as a family. Sophia was in especially good spirits. She was smiling and playing and having fun. At one point she rolled over from her back to her belly and got so excited that she laughed. What a sweet, sweet sound. I think DH and I both teared up a little. Then she rolled over again! She was so excited!

Of course, she realized that she could move by rolling over and cover some ground, so this means that we're going have to watch her a little more closely now - and the floor where she plays. I kept finding things on the floor in that area that could easily end up in her mouth. It's just the beginning, I know.

It was so nice to have such a calm and happy day. All the sleep stresses and other things happening in our lives have had me a little edgy lately. It was just what I needed so that I didn't completely lose my mind when she refused to nap this morning again. We might just make it, Sophia and I.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need days like that to keep yourself sane.

Kismet21 said...

Love days like that. My DH has been gone on a business trip and I moved in with my parents. So nice to have someone else around to play and deal with the no napping. Makes you human again.