I have all sorts of blog posts swirling around in my head all the time, but finding the time and energy to write them down has been a challenge. If I could blog easily from my iPhone while breastfeeding, then I'd be doing it all the time. Oh well. So, here's a short summary of recent events:
Downs:
- My little girl has yet another cold. We knew it was inevitable when DH and I both got sick, but it's still sad.
- I have another bad round of nipple blisters. I really thought I had it under control. I went without the plastic nipple covers for 1 day and the next day they were back. It hurts. I hate when I dread feeding my daughter.
- I'm getting really tired of breastfeeding and feeling guilty about the fact that I'm getting tired of it. Besides the pain and blisters problem, I just feel so tied down lately. She eats just about every 2 hours all day and she's a slow eater, taking at least 30 minutes most feedings. There aren't many things you can do in an hour and a half, and breastfeeding in random places is boring and annoying a lot of times.
Ups:
- Our baby girl has come alive in the past few weeks. She's smiling and giggling and interacting all the time. Others may worry about vaccinations, but after both of her vaccination appointments, she had big developmental leaps. I realize they are likely coincidental, but it is pretty funny. I told DH that the next time we're worried about her development, we just need to take her in for a shot.
- My best friend came to visit this week. It was so nice to have a friend around to talk to. I really gotta find some mommy friends around here soon.
- DH and I had a date last weekend. We enjoyed being a couple again for awhile. It's amazing how things have gotten better with us since Sophia's attitude adjustment. Her smiles and giggles just make dealing with everything else so much easier.
2 comments:
Love the new pic!
Are you pumping ever? If not, have you ever considered it or a bottle of formula in lieu of straight breastmilk? I got a renewed sense of freedom when I was able to build up my fridge stash to include one day's worth of bottles and even felt even more free when I accepted the fact that its ok to give E&J a bottles worth of formula per day (if needed) Im able to do ALOT more and even went out and left the babies with Dan for 3 hours last weekend. Pure Bliss :)
I do pump and we use it from time to time, but I don't have a huge stash, and it takes me a couple of days worth of pumping to even have 1 feeding worth, so I have to choose wisely. Hopefully after we introduce solids in another month, things will at least begin to space out a little more!
Post a Comment