Monday, March 15, 2010
Tummy Sleeping
So, now that our little girl can roll over like a champ, she has decided that she likes to sleep on her tummy. The first few nights that she did this, we went in and flipped her back over before we went to bed for the night and she stayed on her back most of the night. But she figured us out quick. Now, as soon as I put her down in the crib, she rolls over. There's no stopping her and we just have to let her sleep the way she wants. I know I shouldn't worry so much, but I do. The public service announcements for "Back to Sleep" have been drilled into my brain. And then there is the drool problem. She drools and kind of sucks on the sheet, so I'm having to change them a lot more often, which is a pain. I need to find something else to put under her, but since she's sleeping on her belly, I don't want anything that could end up blocking her face in any way, so those small flannel pads are out and most of the other waterproof things I have feel way too scratchy to be by her face. So, for now, I guess I'll just pray an extra prayer before going to bed and change a lot of sheets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When Isabella was around 5 months she decided too that she would be a belly sleeper. I worried at first too, but there was no stopping her.
I know it's hard but try not to worry too much, it'll get easier with time.
My little Bria has slept on her tummy since she could roll and there was not a darn thing I could do about it!
:)
Carter just started this too. He loves sleeping on his tummy now. I just change the sheets each day. I have four sets and do laundry often. It is just part of my daily routine now.
Post a Comment