Monday, May 25, 2009

19 weeks - wow!

It really is still so hard to believe that we've made it this far.  I think that the ultrasound made it much more real for my husband, because he has gone baby crazy since then.  He even started reading a parenting book last night.  I just want to cry, I love him so much.  

We've decided on a name, but we're keeping it a secret for now, despite all of the interrogations. At this point, it's not hard, since we can just kind of pretend we haven't decided yet, but I'm sure it will get harder.  We'll probably cave before the end, but we might as well leave something fun to tell people later, right?  

My mom is coming in today and we're going to go and order the nursery furniture that my husband and I picked out last week.  It's expensive, but he says "go for it" and we said that our tax refund was going for baby, so I guess we're going to splurge.  I feel a little guilty, but it's all made in the USA, so we're supporting the economy, right?  (help me rationalize, okay?)

And my bump is starting to look like a bump, which is kind of crazy. I think I need a new shirt for my pictures, but it's kind of fun using the same one, so I don't know.  I've been feeling flutters of movement here and there which is absolutely amazing.  Of course, it makes me a little paranoid when I can't feel her, which I know is completely irrational.  I guess you never stop worrying when you become a mommy, do you?

2 comments:

Mrs.Pink said...

Please learn from my baby name mess and try to keep it to yourselves as long as you can! Just let people know plain and simple it is a secret! They will get over it! As for the furniture... I agree go for it! lol
Flutters are so cool. Wait till you can see your belly pop up from a little kick! So neat!! Enjoy! :)

Shannon said...

AHHH! I am way behind on blog reading so I am just catching up on your news.

A girl? How amazing! I am so happy for you and DH! Your belly pic is really cute, you look great!

And the splurging on baby furniture? DO IT! I am a firm believer in spending good money to get quality items. Sure, I wont be toting around a $400 diaper bag but when it comes to furniture and items they will use every day, its worth it :)