
17 weeks and still growing! I messed up the picture by posing all wrong and getting my arms mixed up, but my wonderful husband has decided to make a production out of my weekly photos. I didn't want to endure another photo session of him dragging around his tripod to find the right light to retake the picture. Hopefully you can see that the bump in front has grown. There is no doubt that the bump behind has grown about the same amount. Eek!
We had a doctor's appointment on Friday and everything looks great. I had my blood drawn for the quad screen, so I'm sure I'll be a little nervous this week, waiting for the results. Our big ultrasound is in 2 weeks, and we're very excited about that!
After the appointment, we left for a lovely weekend at the beach. I don't think I realized how much I needed the getaway until I was there. I had a hard time this week at school. I overreacted to a few situations and generally just got more frustrated than normal with the normal middle school junk. I hope I do better this week. Everyone is stressed with End-of-Grade testing approaching quickly. Just a few more weeks! The beach was wonderful, though. I love just laying in the hotel room with the balcony door open listening to the ocean. I could do it for a month, I think!
And my wonderful husband even got me a card and gift for Mother's Day. The card was really funny and the watch he got me was great, too. I'll have to get a couple of links taken out before I can wear it. Or maybe I should wait...
And on this Mother's day I can't help but think about all the women who are still on the journey toward becoming mothers. I'm also thinking about my best friend who lost her mother this year to cancer. I know that this can be a painful day. I remember many Mother's Day church services where women left in tears for reasons I did not understand. I'm so joyful today, but I understand that many people are grieving and I want you to know that I think of you, too. I wish I could make it easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment