My best friends from out of town will be learning about our little one when they receive their Easter packages this week. I started making Easter baskets for them when we were in college and I've kept it up ever since. There's always a theme and this year's is baby. My closest friend already knows, because my due date will be causing me to miss her wedding in October, which makes be very sad. She's quite eager for everyone else to know, too! We're going to see DH's family over Easter weekend, so we'll be telling them in person. He has worked so hard to keep it a secret. He's not the best secret keeper, usually. I think he's been managing by telling everyone else on the planet!
For some reason, I'm not really looking forward to my students finding out. I teach middle school and I'm just not sure how they will react. I'm not their favorite teacher. Hey, I teach math, it comes with the territory! We get along fine, but they are middle school kids and I usually have a very thick skin, but if they start making comments about baby, I don't know if I'll handle it well. I'm probably just being paranoid. They'll likely be very excited and all will be well. My plan is to wait until one of them asks me and just say that, "yes, I am pregnant." Then time how many seconds it takes for the whole 6th grade to know. Their gossip networks work fast! Anyway, it's just a matter of time.
My husband got to go to my 12 week appointment with me this week. The OB warned us that he was looking for a very tiny heart in a very tiny baby, so not to worry if it took him awhile to find it with the Doppler. Then, about 10 seconds later he found it! I'm glad the little sprout decided to cooperate. Now, my husband wants to go to all of my appointments, which is very sweet. I think that he was really disappointed that he missed the first one with the ultrasound and now doesn't want to miss anything! It's great, though. I love having him there, even if the whole appointment only took 20 minutes.
2 comments:
Excuse me... where are your bump pics! Glad to hear everything is going well!
I don't think I'm ready for a bump pic just yet. I still look more fat that pregnant. Maybe in a couple more weeks!
Post a Comment