Sprout is fantastic. She continues to amaze. We took a trip to New Jersey so that she could see her Great Grandmother. She was very ill at the beginning of the year and we didn't think she would make it much longer, but she has bounced back beautifully. She is staying in a nursing home now. I used to feel sad when I heard that, but she loves it! She has other people to talk to and talk about and isn't so lonely and isolated. She is such a smart woman and her mind is still as sharp as ever. She seems so much happier than the last time I saw her and is getting around and feeling great. She had a wonderful time with Sprout and Sprout was a super traveler. We are very blessed to have celebrated her 91st birthday together and if all goes well, we will probably make another trip to visit over the summer sometime.
Sprout has, indeed been as busy as ever:
She is stacking her Little People alphabet blocks and can make towers 4 or 5 blocks high.
She knows all of her letters and numbers 0-10 except she won't try to say "W." She LOVES pointing out letters wherever we go. I think I'm going to find her some things with lower case letters on them since she seems confused by them. I still can't believe my 17 month old is doing this. If someone told me this about their child I wouldn't believe them.
Speaking of things you won't believe - she also counts. If I start by saying "one," she will say "two" and we can swap off all the way through "10." She does get mixed up sometimes between 7 and 10, but Wow! It's crazy.
AND yesterday, she started trying to say the alphabet. I thought that's what she was doing in the car. Then, I started the song and stopped periodically and she filled in the letter that was next. How crazy is that??
Don't get too amazed. She also tries to eat rocks and drink out of the dog's dish.
She is putting two words together now. She will tell us when she's done with something or narrate when we are cleaning up: "books away, blocks away, cup away, tray away, etc." She also tells me she wants her "shirt on" or "socks off."
She is also becoming a toddler. Asserting her independence and throwing tantrums. It's not too bad yet, but I can see shadows of things to come and it's a little scary!
No comments:
Post a Comment