Saturday, June 5, 2010

Things I don't want to forget

So, while I was inspired last week, I let this Thursday come and go. Oops. It's never too late to remember, though, so here's my installment. It's been pretty exciting!

We took Sprout in for a weight check and after months of worrying, she is doing great! She went from the 14th percentile at her 6 month check (which was okay, but still needed a little monitoring to make sure she stayed on track), to the 24th this week. Wow! I'm so relieved that I can relax a little in terms of her eating. She's been trying to drop a nursing session and now I'm going to let her. That makes mommy happy, too, as I feel like I can't do much because I spend my entire day feeding her!

Sophia is on the move! She figured out this week that she can roll to get somewhere. She is loving it. I'm scared, because this is just the beginning of mobility, I know, but I love seeing her have so much fun rolling all over the floor getting toys that are scattered everywhere. She also sticks her bottom up in the air and tries to inchworm a little. Once she figures out how to get up on her hands, it's all over!

She is not napping very well. I don't know if she's already ready to drop a nap or she's just decided that she's going to protest more. I think I need to crack out that Ferber book again and figure out what to do because we've had one too many failed naps to explain away. Something is changing.

She now loves peek-a-boo. She has never cared about it before, even though I've been trying it since she was a few weeks old. She always just stared at me blankly. Now, she thinks it's the best game in the whole world. When daddy hid behind pillows and popped up to say "boo!" the other night she thought it was the most hilarious thing she'd ever seen. It is so cute!

The other day I was holding her up by her hands in a standing position, which she has always loved. For the first time, on her own initiative she started taking steps. She wants to walk!

Yesterday, daddy bought her first piano - the little one that you pound the keys to hit the xylophone. She loves making noise. She definitely did not need another toy, but dad couldn't resist.

She is beginning to show signs of separation anxiety. Not too thrilled about that. It's not terrible yet, but if I'm in the room and leave, she fusses, even if she's with DH. She can be distracted out of it most of the time, but it's still no fun. I think this may be the source of some of our napping issues since she's also been protesting bedtime much more lately.

That's all I can think of right now, even though I feel like there is so much more. It's been a full week!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Loved reading this week and last week's Things You Don't Want To Forget. And I love that your husband bought S her first piano- I love musical toys for babies!