When did that happen? There always seems to be so much to say and so little time!
Sprout is sitting up quite well, now, though it now startles her when she tips over and gets her upset sometimes. DH set her up in her crib a couple of nights ago and she fell over and hit her head. Scared me to death because she didn't let out the big wail I was waiting for. She didn't move. I think she was just stunned, though, because when he picked her up, she was all smiles. Didn't even phase her. Go figure.
She just started a few little babbles. Finally! She's been using her voice for a long time, but she's starting to throw a few consonants into the mix. Mostly it's "bububububu!" She's also doing this funny scooting thing when she's trying to get to a toy. It only gets her a couple of inches at a time, but it scares me. I realize that she's going to be mobile before too long and I am soooo not ready for that!
Her hair has almost completely turned a sandy blond color now. I never saw that coming. She was born with thick dark brown hair. It turned a little red for awhile and now it's blond. She still has a little dark patch at the nape of her neck, though, which cracks me up. Her bald spot is almost filled in now, too. It's looking a lot like my hair as a child. That secretly makes me happy because she looks so much like DH, I am happy to see a little more of me in her. I also expected her eyes to turn brown, and perhaps they will, but for now, they are still mostly blue-gray, with a few flecks of gold or green. They are beautiful, of course.
And, at last, she is gaining weight well (Yay!). She weighed in at 15 pounds, 12 ounces just after her 7 month-day, which is a solid weight gain. We'll take her in for the official weight check in the next couple of weeks. Breastfeeding is great. I'm scared to say that because I'm worried I'm setting myself up for another problem, but this is how it's supposed to be. We had a little hiccup earlier this week when she decided to try out her two new chompers while nursing a few times. Ouch! But I think we have it under control for the moment. I fear the top teeth coming in, though.
I am often overwhelmed with how much I love that little girl. She is just so adorable and wonderful. Her smiles and laughs just make me melt sometimes. I love seeing the little personality that is starting to develop and I wonder more and more about the little girl and young woman she will become.
1 comment:
wow! 7 months... they are growing up too fast! :(
Post a Comment