Monday, September 14, 2009

35 Weeks and I'm still a slacker

I'm starting to come to the amazing conclusion that I'm actually going to have a baby. It just gets more real every day. My wonderful husband went into nesting overload this weekend. He was in a frenzy! I think he expected to get everything done that needed to get done before the baby over the weekend. He had a little freak out Sunday morning and we had to talk about it later, when he was calmer. We're both just getting nervous and anxious. We just have to make sure we're working together and not against each other.

We shopped for all the stuff we still needed, which was a lot, since the only gifts I've gotten have been clothes. We definitely did our part to stimulate the economy! I've been washing and sorting clothes and linens and other things. How in the world can there be so much stuff for someone so small? It's overwhelming, to be sure. There is much sorting and organizing to be done and many details to be completed. It's going to take some time.

My pelvic pain has gotten better, though it's still ever-present. My back, on the other hand hurts a lot when I've been standing for more than 10 minutes. It makes it hard to accomplish nearly as much as I want to accomplish in a day. I think that frustrates my husband because he doesn't quite realize the extent of my physical limitations.

I'm also starting to prep cloth diapers. I'm pretty nervous about them and that I'll do it all wrong! I've read a ton, but I have zero experience, so there's definitely going to be a learning curve. Luckily, DH is on board with the whole thing. I'm just worried that if we have any problems, he won't stay on board. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I go for my 36 week appointment and Group B Strep test next week. Then, it will be every week after that. She's coming soon! I'm happy and excited and nervous and scared silly. I sure hope I can do this. I want so much for my daughter and I don't want to let her down.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

How exciting- 35 weeks! Sounds like you guys got alot done to prepare for the baby, how fun. I cant believe she will be here soon!