Then I look at what some people go through and still end up with healthy, well adjusted babies. I know that everything will not go according to plan, that there may very well be some disappointments, but I'm trying to keep things in perspective. As long as our little girl is healthy, that's really all that matters. I just have to remember to keep telling myself this when I get stressed out about which crib mattress to buy.
In other news...I'm done with school! I finished up everything early and am enjoying my first days of vacation. It's going to be very strange in August when I don't go back with everyone else. I actually had a bit of an emotional breakdown earlier in the week. I am absolutely 100% sure I'm making the right decision, but that doesn't mean that leaving the career I've worked so hard to establish for over 10 years is easy. I don't know when or if I'll go back to classroom teaching. It really is the end of a chapter of my life. I guess it's kind of like graduation day. You're happy about where you're going, but scared about what lies ahead, and sad about what you're leaving behind.
I'm trying to think of something nice to do for my husband for Father's Day. And our anniversary is only a couple of weeks away, so I have to think about that, too. I want to do something really special for our anniversary, but the things he wants are so boring (electronics, photography gear that I don't even understand). I want it to mean something. So, I'm stumped. I hope I can come up with something. I have a tradition where I always write him a letter about the year we've had and there will definitely be a lot to write about this year. Maybe I should get started on that...
No picture yet. DH was working all weekend. Maybe I'll get one up later this week. 22 weeks now. As a pediatrician, DH says this is the hardest month for him. He gets nervous anytime I breathe loudly or wince when I get up too fast and pull those abdominal muscles strangely. He says he'll feel better when I get past 24 weeks and the baby is viable, but won't really be calm until about 30 weeks. I've been trying to talk to him less about my discomforts, because I can see him worrying. I know that's how I was for the whole first trimester. I've finally started feeling good about things and now he's freaking out! She's kicking me and moving around lots now, though, so that calms us both down.
Happy summertime!
3 comments:
Yay for being done with school. I didn't realize you weren't going back. I am so jealous you get to be a SAHM!
Its funny- I thought that TTC was stressful but now that Im pregnant, Im always worrying about the babies and honestly, im still just as stressed. I want to find a way to just relax and I do like your perspective- as long as your baby is healthy, thats all that matters, even if you put them in the wrong stroller or if you cant breastfeed.
I cant believe you are 22 weeks, so exciting!
I don't think the worrying ever stops from here on out! But atleast you recognize what means most. I think its awesome that you are able to stay at home but I do understand what you mean about leaving your career. 22 weeks... time is starting to fly! :)
Can't wait to see the newest pic!
Post a Comment