Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Surprise!

The teachers at school threw me a surprise baby shower today.  It was the nicest thing ever.  I couldn't believe all of the food and gifts.  People were so generous!  And this right after a faculty meeting where our principal basically said she couldn't tell anyone anything about whether or not they would have a job next year or what subject/grade level they would be teaching.  I guess it was good to focus on happy news after that.

I'm still overwhelmed by it all.  And it's fun to have some cute little girl things.  They invited my mom and she was there.  My husband enjoyed opening the presents all over again when he got home (they were mostly in gift bags).  It's nice to feel loved.  I truly never expected anything like this.  Maybe a card and a small gift certificate at the end of the year luncheon, but never something so elaborate.  I will definitely miss my coworkers!

1 comment:

Angie said...

That is so sweet of them.