So, we stopped preventing pregnancy over a year ago. We started TTC in January. I'm starting to get frustrated and a little sad that things aren't working out as planned. The longer it takes to have #2, the less chance there is for having #3, since I'm not getting any younger. I'm kinda bummed and it gets worse as the months progress.
However, I spent some time with my grandmother this week. I asked her what my mom was like at Sprout's age. She said that she really couldn't remember because she had just had my aunt and was just trying to survive with a new baby and a toddler. I asked everyone what I was like and no one could remember because everyone was consumed with my brother only 16 months older.
And I just kept chatting and watching my mom play with Sprout, marveling at what an amazing little girl she is. So, I'm going to try really hard to soak in every moment I can. Remember as much as I can. Try to think about this extra time as a gift. It may not be quite what we had planned, but I can make the best of it, right? I don't know what the future holds, but I do have a pretty amazing present.
No comments:
Post a Comment